This is a list of the best restaurants in Montreal. By best restaurants, we mean restaurants where we had the most delicious and enjoyable dining experiences, a combination of ambiance, service, people and food. Some of these restaurants are expensive, others are quite inexpensive; some are more formal than others.
We have eaten several times at each of the restaurants on this list as well as scores of other restaurants in Montreal, so this is not a compilation of recommendations from guide books or even other people. The restaurants below are our own favorite restaurants in Montreal.
1. Club Chasse et Peche 423 rue Saint Claude, Montreal 514-861-1112
Elegant game and fish restaurant in Old Montreal www.leclubchasseetpeche.com
2. Au Pied de Cochon 536 avenue Duluth Est, Montreal 514-281-1114
Unique casual pig and fois gras restaurant www.restaurantaupieddecochon.ca
3. L’Express 3927 rue Saint Denis, Montreal 514-845-5333
Contemporary French bistro www.restaurantlexpress.ca
4. Chez Alexandre 1454 rue Peel, Montreal 514-288-5105
Quintessential French outdoor/indoor café www.chezalexandre.com
5. La Moulerie 1249 avenue Bernard, Outremont 514-273-8132 CLOSED … UNFORTUNATELY!
Belgian mussels and fries (with outdoor tables)
6. Milos 5357 avenue du Park, Montreal 514-272-3522
Perhaps the best Greek restaurant outside of Greece www.milos.ca
7. Café Ferreira 1446 rue Peel, Montreal 514-848-0988
Best Portuguese restaurant outside of Portugal? www.ferreiracafe.com
8. Moishe’s Steakhouse 3961 boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montreal 514-845-3509
Jewish steakhouse www.moishessteakhouse.com
9. L’Orchidee de Chine 2017 rue Peel, Montreal 514-287-1878
Elegant and very French Chinese restaurant www.orchideedechine.ca
10. Casa Napoli 6728 boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montreal 514-274-4351
Italian restaurant in Little Italy
11. Schwartz 3895 boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montreal 514-842-4813
Hebrew deli with the best smoked meat in Montreal www.schwartzdeli.com
12. Chez L’Epicier 311 rue St-Paul Est, Montreal 514-878-2232
Known for its chef www.chezlepicier.com
13. L’Entrecote St-Jean 2022 rue Peel, Montreal 514-281-6492
French steakhouse with only one menu item: entrecote www.lentrecotestjean.com
14. La Chronique 99 avenue Laurier Ouest 514-271-3095
Upscale Quebec international food www.lachronique.qc.ca
15. La Maison Kam Fung 1111 rue St-Urbain 514-878-2888
Fabulous traditional Chinese restaurant www.restaurantlamaisonkamfung.com
Stay tuned to BonVoyageurs.com for more Countries of the World as we share our joie de vivre from around the world. Luxury escapes and city breaks to Quebec City, New York, Washington, Buenos Aires. In Europe, places like Paris France, Nice France, Provence and the Cote d’Azur (French Riviera), Tuscany and Florence in Italy, Rome, Napoli and the Amalfi Coast. In Asia, countries like China, India, Nepal and so much more!